Family Law and Adoption Services
The firm has a specialisation in the area of inter-country adoption and domestic adoption law. Andrew Healy’s experience in this area spans over 20 years, during which time he has successfully represented several prospective adoptive parents as applicants for Judicial Review on varying adoption legal complexities and issues before the High Court and on appeal to the Supreme Court. He advises and guides prospective adoptive parents during their assessments for Declarations of Eligibility and Suitability before the HSE and represents prospective adoptive parents regularly before the Adoption Board on all matters of the laws of adoption in Ireland.
We provide a conciliatory and constructive approach to Family Law matters, whether the issues to be resolved concern property or financial matters or custody of children. Our objective in the absence of mediation is to achieve fair and practical solutions, where we can, rather than adopt a confrontational approach, which invariably causes legal costs to escalate. We represent persons before the Family Circuit Courts and High Court throughout the country and have an expertise in the EU Conventions on Family Law.
Services in the areas of family law and adoption include advice on:
- Adoption law, both inter-country adoption and domestic;
- The Hague Convention on adoption;
- Abduction and child disputes;
- Judicial Separation and Divorce;
- Disputes relating to the care, custody and guardianship of children, including international child abduction and legal proceedings outside the State;
- Financial arrangements, claims and maintenance;
- Property claims and adjustments;
- Family Law issues concerning commercial matters;
- Tax consequences of Judicial Separation and Divorce;
- Inheritance claims
- Disputes between co-habitants.