Ivan Healy was appointed a Notary Public by the Chief Justice in December 2015.
The services of a Notary Public in Ireland are often required for non-contentious matters concerned with foreign and international business. Notaries certify the execution in their presence of a deed, a contract or other writing. They can also verify an act or a thing done in their presence.
Among the services a Notary Public provides are:
• authenticating documents
• witnessing and proving signatures to documents
• administering oaths for international jurisdictions
• taking affidavits (other than for the courts in Ireland)
• drawing up Powers of Attorney and other legal documents customarily prepared by Notaries Public
• certifying and authenticating company minutes
The services of a Notary Public are usually required where papers or documents are used in foreign jurisdictions. For example:
• affidavits for use in foreign courts
• copies of State documents for use abroad
• international contracts
The Faculty of Notaries Public in Ireland promotes and regulates the profession of Notaries Public. Ivan Healy is a Notary Public appointed by the Supreme Court and a member of the Faculty of Notaries Public in Ireland.